Residential Energy Efficiency Loan Assistance Program
Designed to reduce risk to lenders that provide lower-cost financing for home energy efficiency projects.
If you have any questions about the California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing pilot programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 651-8157.
- REEL Notice of 2nd Re-Adoption of Emergency Regulations
- REEL Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, and Upcoming Public Hearing on 6/12/18
- REEL Notice and Finding of Emergency for regulation modification and re-adoption
- Slide Presentation Available for Affordable Multifamily Financing Pilot Design Workshop
- CAEATFA Seeking Comment on Affordable Multifamily Financing Pilot Design
The Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Assistance Program is the first of seven CHEEF pilot programs to roll out in the state of California. The program is designed to help homeowners and renters access lower-cost financing for energy efficiency projects by reducing risk to participating lenders. The program has more than $20 million available in loan loss reserve funds to help participating lenders mitigate energy efficiency loan risk.
The Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Assistance Program enrolled its first loan in July, 2016. REEL is available to borrowers who are interested in completing an energy efficiency project for up to four units of residential property, where the utility service is provided by an investor-owned utility (PG&E, SCE, SCG and/or SDG&E).
CAEATFA is issuing a Notice of 2nd Re-Adoption of Emergency Regulations in order to allow enough time to complete the regular rulemaking process that is currently in the 45-day public comment period, which ends on Monday, June 11, 2018. This second re-adoption of emergency regulations is an exact duplicate of the first re-adoption of the emergency regulations, which are currently in effect and expire on June 5, 2018. Visit the REEL regulations webpage for more information regarding the emergency and regular rulemaking process and to view the current regulations.
List of Participating Contractors, Financial Institutions and Finance Lenders
CAEATFA is continuing to collaborate with stakeholders and strategic partners to recruit and train Participating Financial Institutions, Participating Finance Lenders and contractors to participate in the REEL program. More information on REEL program activity is available at thecheef.com.
- REEL Qualified Contractors List (Updated monthly. For the most up-to-date information, please go here.)
- REEL Participating Financial Institutions and Finance Lenders