The California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority (CAEATFA) works collaboratively with public and private partners to provide innovative and effective financing solutions for California’s industries, assisting in reducing the State’s greenhouse gas emissions by increasing the development and deployment of renewable energy sources, energy efficiency, and advanced transportation and manufacturing technologies to reduce air pollution, conserve energy, and promote economic development and jobs.
Current CAEATFA Programs:
- California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing (CHEEF) Pilot Programs
The California Hub for Energy Efficiency Financing Pilot Programs leverage private capital to help customers of the state’s investor-owned utilities (Pacific Gas & Electric, Southern California Edison, Southern California Gas and San Diego Gas & Electric) obtain financing for energy efficiency retrofits.
- Sales Tax Exclusion (STE)
The Sales Tax Exclusion Program provides a sales tax exclusion for advanced manufacturing projects or for companies that design, manufacture, produce or assemble advanced transportation or alternative source products, components or systems.
- Clean Energy Upgrade Financing Program
The Clean Energy Upgrade Financing Program provides assistance in the form of credit enhancements to financial institutions making loans for energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements on residential properties.
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Loss Reserve Program
The PACE Loss Reserve Program helps residential PACE financing programs in California reduce first mortgage lenders' risk associated with PACE assessments.
- Bond Financing
CAEATFA issues tax-exempt bonds to finance green projects.
Other General CAEATFA Information
- Annual Reports to the Legislature
- Audits/Financial Disclosure Reports
- Sign Up to Receive CAEATFA Information
- Sales Tax Exclusion
- Residential Energy Efficiency Loan Assistance Program
- PACE Loss Reserve Program
- Statewide Energy Efficiency Financing Pilot Programs
- STE Application Materials
- Sales and Use Tax Exclusion Applications Considered to Date
- Notice of Intent to Award Contract #CAEATFA08-14 – Master Servicer
- Notice of Intent to Award Contract #CAEATFA06‑14 - Trustee
- Addendum No. 1 to Request for Proposal (RFP) - Master Servicer (With Redline) #CAEATFA08-14
- Addenda to Request for Proposals – Trustee #CAEATFA06-14