Proposed Regulations Re-Adopt with Modifications
The CAEATFA Board approved the re-adoption of the September 5, 2017, emergency regulations with additional modifications on Monday, February 12, 2018. The regulations with all the modifications were posted to this website and emailed to subscribers on Tuesday, February 13, 2018:
CAEATFA is proposing modifications to the regulations of the Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) Assistance Program for public comment under the Emergency Rulemaking process. The proposed modifications seek to address the needs of program stakeholders and facilitate increased program participation by:
- updating the methodology to re-balance lenders’ Loan Loss Reserve accounts
- incorporating a list of eligible energy efficiency measures into the regulations
- updating the methodology for determining Low-to-Moderate income borrowers
- providing a greater credit enhancement for loans to borrowers with low credit scores
- clarifying rules for self-installation projects
- streamlining loan enrollment processes
- consolidating loan loss reserve accounts
- updating and clarifying quality assurance standards and safety test requirements
- updating information security disclosures
Emergency Rulemaking Process
CAEATFA held a workshop on July 19, 2017 at the Jesse M. Unruh building on 915 Capitol Mall, Room 110 to propose modifications to the REEL Regulations. Public comment ran until 12PM on July 27, 2017. The CAEATFA Board approved the modifications on August 15, 2017, and the regulations were approved under the emergency rulemaking process by the Office of Administrative Law (OAL) and filed with the Secretary of State for inclusion in the California Code of Regulations effective September 5, 2017.
CAEATFA held a workshop on the proposed modifications to the September 5, 2017, emergency regulations from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM on January 10, 2018, at the Jesse M. Unruh building on 915 Capitol Mall, Room 110, Sacramento, CA 95814.
CAEATFA accepted comments on the proposed modifications at the workshop and via email until 12PM on January 18, 2018.
For more information on the Residential Energy Efficiency Loan Assistance Program, please visit the REEL page of the CAEATFA website or thecheef.com.
January 10, 2018 Workshop materials: